In today's digital age, spending long hours in front of computer screens is inevitable for many. While convenient, this constant visual demand can take a toll on our eyes, leading to a series of uncomfortable symptoms collectively known as computer vision syndrome (CVS).
If you're experiencing blurry vision, headaches, dry eyes, or neck pain after screen time, you're not alone. At Greenwich Eye Care, serving Old Greenwich, CT, and Darien, CT, we can help patients struggling with CVS.
Recognizing the Signs of Computer Vision Syndrome
The symptoms of CVS can vary from person to person, but some of the most common include:
• Blurred vision at near and far distances
• Eye strain and fatigue
• Dry, itchy, or burning eyes
• Difficulty focusing
• Neck and shoulder pain
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, schedule an appointment with an optometrist near you at Greenwich Eye Care. By understanding your unique visual needs, we can tailor a treatment plan to help alleviate your discomfort and protect your long-term eye health.
Computer Vision Relief
An eye doctor on our team conduct an eye exam, including a discussion of your daily screen time habits. This information helps us determine the best course of action for your individual needs. Some potential treatment options include:
• Prescription Eyewear: In some cases, a refractive error is the actual cause of your problem and a new or updated eyeglass or contact lens prescription can make a significant difference.
• Computer Glasses: These specialized glasses often feature blue-light filtering lenses, which can help you sleep at night after using a screen for an extended period of time.
• Environmental Modifications: Adjusting your screen brightness, posture, and workspace layout can also significantly reduce discomfort. We can provide personalized recommendations based on your individual setup.
Get Eye Care from an Eye Doctor Near You
While treating CVS can be important, at Greenwich Eye Care, we're committed to preventative eye care and long-term health. We can offer advice on healthy screen habits, including the 20-20-20 rule (looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes) and maintaining proper screen distance.
Remember, your eyes are a precious resource, and protecting them is important. If you're experiencing any discomfort or changes in your vision, don't hesitate to contact us at Greenwich Eye Care. We're here to help you see clearly and comfortably. Call us today at (203) 698-5049 Old Greenwich, CT, or (203) 202-0202 Darien, CT, and schedule your comprehensive eye exam. An optometrist near you is here to help.